Tuesday 23 June 2009

sponge cake experience

I love sponge cake and my boy friend bought a sponge cake for our monthly anniversary.It was delicious and we loved it!.So I wanted to bake it myself.I have searched many web sites, recipes and I have decided to use my own recipe.Here it is:

175 gr. soft butter
175 gr. self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
175 gr. caster sugar
3 eggs

For filling

8 tbsp strawberry jam
300 ml.double cream
icing sugar for dusting



Preheat oven to 180 C and grease the cake tin.I have used 23 cm cake tin but you can use 20 cm cake tin too.I mixed butter, sugar and eggs first and add flour and baking powder.Then beat well all until smooth.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins until well risen or golden brown.Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins and transfer it to the wire racks to cool completely.Seperate it into two pieces by using a knife.Spread jam and whipped double cream on the one piece to cover it completely.Sandwich the two pieces together.Sprinkle icing sugar on top and serve.

Tips:If you leave it on the fridge over night,the taste will be more delicious.Yummy!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment