Wednesday 1 July 2009

Home made lemonade in a long hot summer












Hellooo everybody,

Today is the hottest day in UK isn't it? I was suffering with hot temperature and drinking plenty of water.Suddenly,I have remembered my mum's home made lemonade.She was prepairing it in hot days in my village in Turkey.My village is near sea side where is called "Kiyikoy"(old name is Midye).It is very lovely small town.I have spent all my summer holidays in there until 16 yrs old.

If you are interested in seeing it,here is a link for you.I am sure you will love it!


My refreshing lemonade recipe here it is:

6 middle size unwaxed lemon
1,250 lt water
120 gr caster sugar

Put 100 gr sugar and 250 ml water in a pan stir well until sugar is dissolving under heat.Turn heat off and leave it cool.

Take lemon zests and squeeze all lemons in a bowl.Add 20 gr sugar in to the zest and lemon juice mixture and leave it for 15 mins.Strain it to remove unwanted lemon particules.Take a jar and add 1 lt water,cooled shorbet,zest and lemon juice mixture.Stir them well together and put it in the fridge to cool.Serve with mint in this hot summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment